INFORMATION PAGES

Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Planting of Seeds

The Daily Bread of Life - Gods Word
If you plant marigold seeds, what will spring up out of the ground?  Daffodils?  Roses? NO!  You planted a marigold seed and a marigold is what will grow.  There is a verse of scripture truth that tells us...God cannot be mocked.  A man reaps what he sows.  Galatians 6:7  

The seeds planted will absolutely determine the harvest. Two weeks ago we began to share a testimony of one persons life change as the Word of God was planted in the heart.  Change such as this is not unusual or miraculous, but the result of planting the good seed of Gods word into your heart on a daily, regular basis. 
Listen in as the story continues....

"Prior to giving my life over to Jesus I lived my life like most people, trying to fulfill the lust of my flesh, but the flesh is never satisfied.  It never has enough alcohol or drugs or sex.  No matter how hard I tried to live a “good” life (according to my own interpretation of morality) bad things kept happening.   I was going about my routines, sowing seeds of destruction without even realizing it, and then scratching my head and wondering why destructive things kept happening in every situation.

On my first encounter with Gods Word, as I read and believed what I was reading, I didn't know it then, but good seeds began to be planted into my thinking.  Those seeds then began growing and they were growing a good crop.   I did not understand that there is a law of sowing and reaping.  My actions were changing as my thinking was changing and the circumstances of my life began to change.  Prior to coming to understand spiritual things I went about my life sowing bad seeds and then reaping bad results and I was always left wondering why.

I thought about the parable Jesus spoke in Matthew 13:24 - 30   
Another parable He put forth to them, saying: The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared.  So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’
He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’

The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 
But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat 
with them. Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of 
harvest I will say to the reapers,   First gather together the tares and bind 
them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.'

The pendulum had shifted in my favor as I was planting good seeds by reading the WORD.  The bad crop was still coming to harvest in between the good harvests and the Enemy, the devil,  was trying to fool me into thinking that I was wasting my time, that my daily dose of the WORD was not benefiting me.  But I had the testimony of the PEACE of God that passes all understanding in my heart."

ARE YOU TIRED OF LOSING THE SAME BATTLES
OVER AND OVER IN YOUR LIFE?


From our own experience we encourage you to TAKE UP THE SWORD OF SALVATION.  Gods precious Words of life found in the Bible.  Daily reading of His word will supply what you need to overcome the daily battles we find ourselves in the midst of.  We are in a spiritual war and only spiritual weapons will have the necessary affect to deliver us. Consider these words Jesus spoke in prayer as He taught His disciples while with them on this earth.  


OUR FATHER, WHO IS IN HEAVEN
HALLOWED BE THY NAME
THY KINGDOM COME
THY WILL BE DONE
ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN

AND GIVE US THIS DAY
OUR DAILY BREAD

Join us as we daily read the Words of Life that heal, deliver and encourage!  A schedule will be posted in the left panel weekly, or follow us on Twitter @TTTMinistries for daily updates.
We would be so pleased to hear from you, answer questions, honor prayer requests or if you'd just like to share what God is doing in your life.




No comments: