Thursday, November 26, 2015
Sunday, November 15, 2015
Tuesday, November 10, 2015
Sunday, November 8, 2015
That is like eating a meal on Monday and telling your body, which is sending you strong signals that it is starving, that it can't eat its fill again until next Monday.
GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD
Jesus included that line in the prayer He shared with His disciples when they asked Him to teach them to pray. (We call it The Lords Prayer, most teach it as the model prayer. Matthew 6:9)
There are very good reasons Jesus did not say:
- Give us bread once in a while
- Give us bread once a week
Random eating results in an unhealthy body that is subject to illness and susceptible to disease. Once a week feeding would render us so weak that we would be useless for any kind of activity at all. Our physical body requires nourishment at regular intervals.
The kind of nourishment we choose to provide our body then determines the level of health we enjoy.
Our spiritual selves are the same.
If we feed our spirit minimally, we will receive minimum strength. Random spiritual feedings leave our spiritual health in a precarious situation.
For maximum spiritual health and strength, we need to feed our spirit DAILY with the bread of life.
John 6:35 And Jesus said to them "I am the BREAD OF LIFE. He who comes to me shall never hunger and he who believes in me shall never thirst."
John 1 - In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The Word of God, which reveals the nature and character of God, reveals Gods plans and purposes for all mankind and every individual human being, reveals Who the Word is; Jesus; - this is the BREAD of which, in order to build up our spiritual strength and fortitude, we must eat DAILY.
Here are just a very few of the benefits of daily bible reading:
- Build a strong prayer life that will sustain you in times of crisis
- Build a strong personal relationship with the Lord who made, formed and created you that will result in lasting peace in your life
- Build your understanding of how to live your very best life
- Build your knowledge so you won't fall prey to false teachers and those who would lie and manipulate you for their own advantage
- Build your faith so it will hold you steady in every circumstance of life
- Build your resistance to the temptations of sin so you will not suffer adverse consequences now and later when this physical life ends
- Build your trust in God which will keep you strong when every thing around you is falling apart
- Build your confidence about who you really are so you won't be deceived into being less than who God intended you to be
- Build your strength so you can be a support to others who count on you, like your friends and family
- Build a righteous world view in your thinking so you function as a productive member of society
- Build wisdom patterns that will assist you in every avenue and walk of life
- Build a true love in your heart for others that will bless your life and the lives of those who are in contact with you
- Build honest character that will cause others to trust you and want to be around you
- Build habits that will result in greater happiness in your life
- Build empathy for the plight of others who haven't discovered yet the maturity and wisdom that you have
- Build JOY that isn't dependent on this world or your circumstances in it
- Build contentment with what you have and where you are in your life while providing assurance of better things to come
- Build certainty about life now and ETERNALLY so you won't live your life in fear
These are just a few, very few of the results you can expect when you receive DAILY BREAD that only God can provide!
Can you think of others? Click comments and share! God Bless You!