INFORMATION PAGES

Monday, July 19, 2010

Divine Timing!

We all know that feeling, waking up and realizing without even looking at a clock that we’ve slept past the time we intended to get up! It didn’t make any sense, I had set the timer same as I did each night before a work day. So, I just made the best of the situation. Once I was in the car and on my way, as is my custom, I greeted the Lord and sought direction for prayer.

Kathleen, my dear friend and beloved sister in Christ came to my mind. As I began to pray for her in earnest, I heard my own voice begin to thank God – THAT SHE PRAYS FOR ME! Hmmm, I thought that seemed a rather selfish thought where did that come from? And then I saw it.

On the highway in front of me, everyone slamming on their brakes and slowing down. As I rolled slowly past the 10 car and tractor trailer truck that had been involved in this crash, I distinctly heard the Holy Spirit “Kathleen prays for you and the result was you were kept from this. You would have been in the middle of this mess if you’d left the house on time this morning.”

God is always watching out for His children. We won’t always know why or what the outcome of certain things are, but we can always trust that He is in control and knows exactly what is best for our lives. I am one very thankful child that God not only allowed me an extra 20 minutes rest on Tuesday evening, but kept me from further harm.

Ahhh- sweet surrender that gives room for the Spirit to have it’s perfect way. Opening line from the new song we’re writing…



Blessings to all of you! PRAYER IS POWERFUL! DO IT DAILY, CONSISTENTLY AND NEVER DOUBT IT’S EFFECT ON YOUR LIFE AND THE LIVES OF OTHERS!

No comments: