INFORMATION PAGES

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Anointed Ambassadors

There is no end to what we humans can truly do and accomplish when we are anointed by the Lord to do so, just as there is nothing we can do so well without it.  Many years ago when I was raising my children, the Lord anointed me to work with children in a very special way.  I opened a daycare, which allowed me to be in the home for my children while earning a very desperately needed income.  During this period of time I seemed to instinctively know the what, when and how concerning all the needs of the children who were brought by their parents for my care. 

No amount of crying irritated me in the slightest, I, a very impatient person by nature, was infinitely patient with these 1, 2, 3 and 4 year old demanding little human beings.  They delighted me!  I genuinely enjoyed introducing them to “the world” and found great joy and satisfaction in their delight!  Every new discovery they made was as fresh and exciting as the first time my own children had made just such a discovery.   A hug from one of them gave me the warm fuzzies like nothing else could, and I can honestly say that in almost 15 years of providing this service, I loved each and every child in my care and enjoyed every minute with them... until the day I didn’t anymore.  The season of child care came to an end for me and with it the special anointing.  A new season in my life began and a fresh, equally satisfying but different anointing came with it.


It was the same when Turn the Tide Ministries was blessed with our first RV which we affectionately referred to as Harvey the RV – a 19 foot mini motor home.  We lived in those 19 feet as if in a palace, and when God blessed us a couple of years later with an answer to prayer - simply that we would have a fifth wheel with a separate bed from the couch, it was like He had given us the Taj Mahal!  We dubbed it the "Silver L" and quickly re-made it to fit our needs.  We were blessed and not once did we feel cramped or overcrowded, not even when company came to visit our little space!

Every believer is anointed by God for the work of the ministry.  (See last weeks Sunday Sermon) Each one has a particular purpose for the talents and abilities God has given to us, to accomplish Gods great plan.  Each one is called by the Lord to serve, not all in the same way or same capacity, but all to serve to accomplish "the Mission" stated in II Corinthians 5:
 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ..."

Have you confessed Jesus as Lord in your life?  Have you believed God raised Him from the dead and by the shedding of His blood you have received Remission of sin?  Then you are an Ambassador, a representative of Him on this earth.  It isn't a pulpit or a degree or a piece of paper from some "august body" that makes you a minister for the Lord Jesus Christ - it is the Christ in YOU and you walking IN that truth that releases His miraculous anointing in your life to do extraordinary things in His name! 

Ephesians 4:1-7 " I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift. "

HAVE A TRULY BLESSED & ANOINTED WEEK!  

No comments: