INFORMATION PAGES

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Seeing the World Around Me

Keeping our hearts with all diligence;
OUT OF IT FLOW THE ISSUES OF LIFE!
When was the last time you took inventory of your heart?  Over the last several months, I've been doing just that activity and discovering some things.  A little good, a little not so good.  The Apostle Paul encourages us to examine our own hearts. Knowing we'd find at least a few things that could use improvement and not wanting this to be exercise in discouragement, he also reminds us that even if our own hearts condemn us, God is greater than our hearts and loves us unconditionally.

I find myself grieving for the times I've let loose a sharp tongue, or been critical when a kind word would have done so much more good.  I also find myself overwhelmingly thankful that Salvation's Joy is mine!  Which spills right over into desiring that Joy to belong to everyone I meet, for I am convinced beyond all doubt that our only hope is in Salvation through Jesus Christ the Lord and Savior of mankind, who died to pay the penalty of sin for everyone of us, and was raised from the dead for our redemption.  (Right here I find myself shouting ALLELUJAH!)

All that I'll be saying in this post is found in the Bible.  Join us in our two year reading schedule, which will walk you through the entire Bible at a slow and steady pace.  You'll find every bit of this in there, I promise!

Seven years ago January, I became a Grandparent.  Perhaps because in parenthood I was too focused on feeding, clothing, housing, teaching and disciplining my children, I didn't give quite the thought to the world around us as I am now giving to the world my grandchildren are inheriting.

A world where men truly have gone from the somewhat selfish and self serving to the truly narcissistic, thinking nothing of utterly crushing and even killing others on a large and constant scale.  We were warned that men would become "lovers of self".  Selfies anyone?  Another school shooting?  Another random act of violence?  Another and another and another child who will never be allowed to draw breath because mommy doesn't want her body stretched out or her life interrupted?  Daddy isn't ready for responsibility he just wanted the release of sexual tension?  So sorry little human being you are an inconvenience to me Me ME!

One of the first things I taught my sons was to recognize and respect the flag which represents the United States of America.  When did we become a nation that dictates personal choice about the intimate details of our finances, as in forced purchase of health insurance, or the very personal choices concerning our health, as in someone else decides what medical procedures we are entitled to or we don't deserve?  This goes far beyond taxes on our personal incomes.  

We willingly tossed privacy to the wind and began telling the entire world every detail of our lives including what we ate for breakfast and then we protest, every so softly and without any real backbone, the government invading the privacy of our emails and cell phone calls and online posts.  

And "The Church"?  There are those few scattered faithful, but for the most part the church is a social club, based on mans need and want for acceptance with very little if any resemblance to actual saints of the Living God.  We practice a form of godliness but have denied the power and live and worship as if it were all about us Us US while holding up a facade claiming it's all about Jesus. We'll worship as long as it is convenient, doesn't cut into our personal time, or overlap the start of the football game or take too much effort or expect any sacrifice from us that costs more than we're willing to pay.  We'll show up Saturday or Sunday as long as the music entertains us and the message doesn't overly ruffle our feathers.

Well did Isaiah speak when he prophesied "Woe to those who seek deep to hide their counsel far from the Lord, And their works are in the dark; They say, “Who sees us?” and, “Who knows us?”  

And Jeremiah who warned Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of My pasture!” says the Lord."  Ezekiel, Hosea, Micah, Nahum, Zephania, Zecharia, Habakkuk - all warned of the danger of falling in league with the darkness of the world. Of seeking to befriend a world that hates our Lord and King.

Jesus himself warned "Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!"  After Matthew chapter 23's description of the full woe to man and religious leaders for their offenses against God, Creator, Master, OWNER OF THE UNIVERSE HE MADE, comes the prophesy of the End Time, when the patience of a long suffering God will be loosed into wrath.  

My Grandparent heart wants my grandchildren to live and grow carefree and happy. My faith shows me that is very unlikely as we enter deeper and deeper into the darkness of a world that has scorned the very God who created her.  

Like the voice of one crying in the wilderness, I cry to those around me, whoever will give ear and listen.  REPENT!  FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND!

Our prayer is for those who will listen, that they will be washed in the blood of the lamb and by faith, receive the good news of Salvation and share it with others.  For it most certainly is Gods absolute perfect will that none should perish, but that all should come unto a saving knowledge of the TRUTH.

No comments: