INFORMATION PAGES

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Love and Trust the Christian Way


My Dad used to say the sweetest things, to let me know he cared about me and was thinking of me.
He'd tell me he always thought of me once a day, every day, all day long.
I never doubted that he loved me.

Our decision to trust and obey God works like that.  We don't make it once, one time and it stays in place forever.  Our flesh is too fickle for such an easy way as that.


It is a decision we must make daily.


Once a day, every day, all day long; we need to choose to yield to the Holy Spirit.


Once a day, every day, all day long; we must decide we will obey the commands we were given.  To love God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength.  And to love our neighbors as ourselves.


Many of us think we have the "Love God" part down really well, even if we do struggle with the "love the neighbors" part.


God says if we aren't loving the neighbors, we aren't loving Him.


1 John 4:20

If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?

Jesus put it clearly as well.  

John 14:21
He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me.

To love is to forgive, show mercy, encourage and think the best of others.

Show the Love of God to those around you today.  You'll be amazed at the results. You'll be amazed at the blessings that are showered down on YOU!

No comments: