INFORMATION PAGES

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

How to Beat Temptation


THANK YOU PASTOR ALAN FOR A GREAT GUEST POST!







Do you have one thing in your life that you consistently struggle with? Maybe you’ve smoked for 
years and you really want to quit, or you struggle with anger and have pushed a lot of people away. 
For me, I’ve always had a tough time making exercise part of my life. I’ll go through seasons of
fitness and then Christmas comes along, which means family, fun, and lots of food. "So long, abs. 
I’ll see you on the other side of this pumpkin pie."
The Bible tells us to honor God with our bodies. That’s pretty clear—filling it with donuts (which I love)
and sitting on the couch doesn’t honor God because it’s hurting me. 
So, this year I made a change. I asked one of my friends to go to the gym with me four times a week. 
We both have families, so we have to get up crazy early to work out. But you know something? 
God has honored my commitment. That time at the gym is one of my favorite parts of the day 
because I have a friend who not only encourages me to be fit, but also encourages me in my 
journey with God. 
I don’t know what you’re facing right now, but be encouraged by this truth: God never intended 
you to fight temptation alone. You aren’t designed to live life alone, so going solo on beating your 
addiction or overcoming your negative habits just won’t work. God designed you to depend on Him 
and to depend on other people. It’s incredible how much we can learn about God when we live in 
community.  
My prayer for you this week is that God would give you courage and boldness to have a conversation 
with someone about your temptation, so you can begin the journey toward freedom in Christ. 

Standard default

Alan George

Church Online Pastor
LifeChurch.tv

No comments: