INFORMATION PAGES

Monday, April 24, 2017

When not engaged directly in ministry related activities, I function in the business world as a business owner. In that capacity I am exposed to many stories of entrepreneurs who have experienced quick and impressive success - particularly financially. Every once in a while, I find myself dealing with a twinge of what I can only call jealousy.

I hesitate to call it that, because I'm not really jealous, certainly not enough to even consider changing my focus to increase my own business activity in order to generate greater wealth.  I have no interest in changing my focus.  But a twinge usually assails me, a sense of what might be possible financially if I did change my focus.  Instead of focusing the bulk of my time, talent and efforts to being the best Christian witness for Christ that I can be.

One thing I remind myself of, is that I"m not in my 20's anymore, and my need for a higher income just isn't there.  My needs are met, I have a home, comfortable furnishings, my bills are paid on time and there's some left over for being generous toward the need of others I come in contact with.

Then again this morning I read an account of another young entrepreneur who went from huge student debt to multi-millionaire in less than a year.  "Clever soul" was my first thought, and what a pleasant surprise for me that instead of the usual twinge of jealousy, I thought "I wonder if they know Jesus as their Lord and Savior?"

Two thoughts piggy-backed that thought, and a third leaped into action as well.

  1. Proof I'm still growing in Christian maturity, jealousy replaced by joy
  2. How wonderful to be content with what God has blessed me with
  3.  I should pray the gospel is preached to that person, because that's what they need most if they don't already know Him.  (Which is in itself proof of Christian maturity, so I'm thankful for that, too!)
 The Apostle Paul tells us that godliness with contentment is great gain.  1Timothy 6:6

I'm really seeing the full extent of truth in that statement.  What a sense of peace is mine when I am content with what I have and not coveting what someone else has.  What joy to experience maturity in Christ in action in my life; it inspires me to continue to grow, to renew my mind to the word of God and to yield myself to the work of the Holy Spirit in me.  What a wonderful gain to my own life and heart and the people around me, since they are affected by my actions, words and heart attitudes.

Wherever you may be in your walk with Christ; just beginning, experiencing a period of great growth or struggling to move forward allow me to encourage you to KEEP GOING!

There is so much to gain and nothing worth keeping to lose when you yield, obey and grow in the grace of God.  

Please be sure to fill out the prayer request form in the upper left of the home page and we will pray for you!  If you' aren't participating in a bible study group that is digging deep into the principle's of the bible and how to apply them to your everyday life, we encourage you to seek out such a group or get one started yourself!  Need help to get started?  Contact us: turnthetideministry@gmail.com

No comments: