INFORMATION PAGES

Friday, December 31, 2010

What is the CRITERIA?

The Bible is the most fascinating book ever! If your one of the one's who believe it, it's words hold answers to mysteries, extraordinary events, help in times of need, and such encouragement that is beyond anything that has ever or will ever be found in any counselors office! The Bible declares certain things to be true - and then it's up to us, the reader, to believe or disbelieve.

I happen to be one of the one's who believe. You could ask my why, and my simple answer would be that I've experienced first hand some of the things written about actually occuring, either in my life or in someone else's close to me. There is no other explanation for some of the things I've seen, heard, felt, done and experienced except that the words in the Bible are in fact TRUE.

Having said all that, brings me to this blogs main point. According the the Book that I believe to be truth, in IICorinthians chapter 5 verse 20, it states:

"Now then we are Ambassadors for Christ..." and goes on.

I ask the question, "Am I one of these 'we'?" In looking at the context and the previous "we" statements of this book, I would logically concur that yes, I am one of the "we" referred to here. That would mean that I could truthfully say that I am an Ambassador for Christ. In fact, I have said that very statement on many occasions. Now I find my question is, "How is it possible for such a flawed, imperfect being as myself to represent the Perfect, Sinless Christ?" What qualifies me, if indeed I am qualified. What is the CRITERIA USED TO DETERMINE IF ONE IS AN AMBASSADOR OR NOT?

Sometimes, I get things right, I say the right things and do the right things, and I have no trouble at all saying with feeling that I am an Ambassador for Christ. Am I still an Ambassador when I put my foot in my mouth? When my temper flares? When my impatience shows it's ugly head?

Sadly, my conclusion is a resounding yes. I am still even in those times an Ambassador. Just not a very good one! In fact, a very poor one indeed! Since I am so very far from perfect, should I give up the idea entirely and retreat quietly to a corner, never to be heard from again lest I give a bad impression of the Lord yet again?

NO! Indeed a hearty NO is in order here! Sometimes I give a bad or wrong impression but slinking off to a corner is NOT the answer! I continue to give the best I'm able, trust God to keep changing and growing me, and keep being an Ambassador for all I'm worth - because HE'S worth it! HE'S worth the effort and time and trouble of continuing to try to get it right!

Romans 8:1 tells me there is NO CONDEMNATION to those who are in Christ Jesus and IJohn 3:20 assures me that even if my own heart condemns me God is greater than my heart! This is hard for me to accept, but since I believe the Bible, why won't I believe this too? Having met the CRITERIA, which is to confess that Jesus is Lord and believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead (Romans 10:9-10) then I am good and truly an Ambassador. Sometimes a better one than at other times, but one all the time, just the same!

Keep this in mind as you welcome in the New Year! May 2011 be for all believers, THE YEAR OF THE AMBASSADOR FOR CHRIST!

I pray 2011 finds me representing Him well more often than not! May you find it to be the same as well. GOD BLESS YOU!

No comments: