INFORMATION PAGES

Sunday, January 23, 2011

OMIGOSH! It really works!!!

How would you react if someone was deliberately rude and obnoxious to you? We'd all like to think we'd "turn the other cheek" - but truth is, almost all of us except those who are masters of self control, would struggle with this one!

I know I sure did! New neighbor was beyond rude when I took time out to welcome them and introduce myself. I was so shocked, I just kept a smile plastered on my face and walked away as politely as possible!

Then I got down on my knee's and asked God to help me overcome my natural desire to AVOID them completely - and went right back out and offered to help them in any way I possibly could.

Are they my new best friend? NO!! However, from where I am standing, the door is open to share Christ with them. I already offered prayer for his knee injury (my second time out)- which he turned down. I smiled and reiterated if there were anything I could do for them I happily would.

Obedience leaves no room for ego. Thank you Lord. Bless those who curse you. Yes, Jesus, I will choose to do as you would do. Is it okay if I ask others to pray for me - for strength to be nice???

and how has your Sunday been?
www.turnthetideministries.com

No comments: