INFORMATION PAGES

Friday, January 28, 2011

Who is it REALLY about?!?

I was thinking about a saying that started going around the churches a few years back. It was a "refocus" call, sort - of.
"It's not about you, it's about JESUS."

Since we started this Great Adventure I've had the chance to visit quite a few different churches, talked with a lot of people I might not have had the opportunity to otherwise. I'm hearing certain phrases over and over - and it leaves me wondering if we ever really "got it".

Also, as a result of this drastic lifestyle change we've experienced, I've really HAD to press in closer to the Lord, learn more dramatically to trust Him, count on Him, seek Him and rely on Him more so than ever previously. As much as I've read the Bible in the past, I'm reading even more now or maybe I'm just reading it differently?

In any case, I was meditating on some of the things I'd read, and I started to see something that put a whole new perspective to exactly WHERE our focus ought to be in regard to where Jesus' heart was focused. It wasn't on Himself - and it wasn't exclusively on those who believed and followed Him. His focus? On those who still needed to know Him.

In other words, it not only isn't about "us" - our want, our need and our desire. And it's also not only about Jesus - simply worshipping and praising Him. Well, then what is it about?

THE LOST.

Those who don't know Him and perhaps don't even know or acknowledge that they need Him! The exhortation in Acts chapter 1 leads me to believe this is a legitimate rally cry, for He did not end His earthly ministry by telling the Disciple's to focus on Him, worship Him, think about Him, praise Him. No. His last command was to GO INTO ALL THE WORLD AND TELL OTHERS ABOUT HIM. His focus was on the "lost" - those who don't know Him yet.

A new rallying cry for the church? You decide. I think so. In my heart it is. Of course, I am by calling an Evangelist.

MAKE IT COUNT FOR CHRIST!

No comments: