INFORMATION PAGES

Friday, May 23, 2014

BFF

We all have that "Best Friend Forever" right?  and that person has never, ever let us down, have they?  What?  They have?  There has been a time when even with the BEST of intentions, not meaning to, our BFF let us DOWN?!?!

Yes, it happens.  Our closest confident repeats words whispered in confidence.  Our dearest friend just isn't "there" for us when we feel like we need them the most.  

Or, worse, it's been US who is the BFF that let someone down!  We didn't mean to, we didn't want to, but our own needs, our own lives just got in the way of "being there" for them.

But there is a friend who truly NEVER lets us down.  Who is always present, always loving, always seeking our best interest and not His own.

But we miss it if we think that friendship comes with no price.  As in ANY friendship, it is a two way street. We expect that our earthly friends will have expectations toward us, because we also have expectations toward them.  Yet there is a friend who willingly gives far more than He ever gets - and He expects no more!

John 15: 9-17
“As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
11: “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12: This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13: Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 14: You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15: No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16: You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 17: These things I command you, that you love one another."

This Best Friend Forever really is Eternal!

No comments: