INFORMATION PAGES

Thursday, May 22, 2014

In the morning when we rise....



Our morning experience sets our tone for the entire day.  


If we wake up groggy, the whole day may seem to be lived in a groggy fog, even after coffee is administered.  Waking up and becoming bright eyed and bushy tailed can be as simple as taking a moment before we hop from beneath the covers, to greet our Lord!  Somehow that can make any day easier to deal with, even if later on in our day we suffer a set back.

For this reason the Psalmist exhorts:

Psalm 5: 1-3
Give ear to my words, O Lord,
Consider my meditation.
Give heed to the voice of my cry,
My King and my God,
For to You I will pray.
My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord;
In the morning I will direct it to You,
And I will look up.


Starting each day taking the time to get centered in the Lord sets up your heart to handle whatever may come your way each day.  For each day, you will have been calmly, lovingly reminded that you are not alone.  You are never alone.  Having read the words in the morning, they will come back to strengthen you throughout your day.

When you walk in agreement with Almighty God, maker of Heaven and maker of Earth, since nothing is too difficult for Him, and you abide in Him, nothing will be too difficult for you.  For truly you CAN do alla things through Him who loves you!

His peace will keep you, His love will sustain you.  His favor will provide for you.


Lamentations 3:22-24 

Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.   They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!”

Hope in the Lord, trust in the Lord and discover the JOY of the Lord in your daily living!  You will not be sorry, but you just might get happy.

No comments: